1904

BHI Senior Living began with a commitment by Edward and Sarah Crawford on June 27, 1904, for a gift of 185 acres in southeast Boone County, Indiana, to build an orphanage to be managed by a new corporation. The Crawfords were American Baptists, and local American Baptist churches provided additional funding for the school. Articles of Association were executed on March 15, 1905, for the Crawford Baptist Industrial School, a non-profit ministry with the mission of operating an orphanage and industrial school.