1937

In 1937, the school assumed the name "Indiana Baptist Home." That same year, the estate of Emma Downing Wood of Indianapolis became the possession of the home. In accordance with Mrs. Wood’s will, a girls’ dormitory was erected on the grounds and dedicated in memory of her parents as the Downing Home. Serving as a stately reminder of the organization’s long history of dedicated service, the Downing building still stands on Hoosier Village’s campus and is currently home for the Indiana Association of Homes and Services for the Aging.